Monday, March 9, 2015

Fudge Cake Brownies


I like chocolate… Now that we’ve got that fact out of the way, moving on to dessert. I was looking for something quick and easy for dessert, and I looked back into The Dessert Lovers’ Handbook for a tasty little brownie recipe.

Fudge Cake Brownies

3 oz unsweetened chocolate
½ C butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 C flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 C chopped nuts

Blend chocolate and butter until melted in a large saucepot over medium heat.


Remove from heat; stir in sweetened condensed milk. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients slowly to chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla and fold in nuts. Normally I hate nuts in brownies, but I decided to give it a go today.


Spread mixture in a well-greased 13x9in. pan. Bake at 350oF for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.


I usually like brownies, but these were not quite what we were hoping for. If you like cake-style brownies, you’ll love these: they’re very fluffy and cakey. If, however, you are like us, and like your brownies on the fudgy side of things, you might be disappointed (I guess I should have been prepared for this by the name of the recipe, right?). The hubby didn’t even eat his share of them, and I wound up giving quite a few to the dog (don’t worry – she’s so big that it would take a LOT of chocolate to make her brain melt!). Still, brownies are brownies, so yum!


Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment