Friday, August 15, 2014

Hello!

Hello and welcome to Essen Girl!

My mother-in-law gave us a box of antique cookbooks on our last visit home. Inspired by other food bloggers (including "Julie and Julia"), I plan to cook my way through each of the 50+ books! I have loved to bake since I was a child, and I have loved to cook since meeting my husband and beginning to experiment in the kitchen with him. From lighting pizzas on fire to pairing steak with hand-picked wild blueberries, I'm up for anything!

"Essen" is the German word for "food." Since I'm German by heritage, and because so many of these cookbooks deal with world cuisine, it seemed a fitting name for my blog.

I will not necessarily be cooking my way from cover to cover in each of the books, but rather sampling dishes in whatever order seems best for our family meals. If you'd like to view the cover-to-cover version of each of the cookbooks with my posts, please refer to the top navigational bar where I have listed each cookbook. On each cookbook's page, you will find links to the different sections of each book, and from there you will be able to access the posts in publication order rather in the order I post them.

Come on a culinary adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment