Monday, September 15, 2014

Costatelle di Maiale alla Napoletana


COSTATELLE DI MAIALE ALLA NAPOLETANA
Neapolitan Pork Chops

First, a very happy 2nd Anniversary to my hubby! Yesterday we spent a lovely day at my place of employment (because I work weekends), and once I got off my shift we had lunch, watched an aquatic show, and spent 20 minutes in an encounter with a beluga whale!!! <3

Another excursion into The Italian Cookbook brings us pork chops.

Costatelle di Maiale alla Napoletana/Neapolitan Pork Chops

1 minced clove garlic
6 pork chops
1 tsp salt
½ tsp MSG
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb mushrooms
2 green peppers
½ C canned tomatoes
3 tbsp white wine


Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown garlic. Season pork chops with a mixture of salt, pepper, and MSG. Brown pork chops in the pan with the garlic.

 
Add the mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, and wine to the pan. Cover and cook over low heat 1 to 1 ½ hrs.

 
This recipe was easy, and very tasty. I served it with the Stuffed Tomatoes for another yummy Italian dinner.

The only thing I would change about the pork chop recipe is the cooking time – there’s no need to cook the chops for an hour! By the time I took them out of the pan, they were very dark on one side and rather dry. 20 minutes should be good, and you can always test for doneness and cook a little longer.

Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

1 comment: