Friday, January 30, 2015

Green Bean Salad


The French Dressing serves as a dressing or base for quite a few recipes in 300 Salads. To pair with the Lemon Meat Balls, I wanted something fresh and crisp. Since we both really like green beans, this seemed like a good option.

Green Bean Salad

3 C cooked green beans
1 small onion, minced OR 1 tbsp chopped chives
1/3 C French dressing
1 canned pimiento, cut into strips OR ½ C sliced radishes

I flash-cooked the green beans and then blanched them because I wanted them to still have a bright green color and a little snap to them in the salad. Combine beans and onions with French dressing. Chill for 1 hour. Drain, add pimiento and toss.


Again, so simple, but sometimes I feel I just need the hint of a recipe to remind me, “Oh, yeah, I could pair those things together…” Since I only just barely cooked the green beans, this was light, refreshing, and a good texture contrast for the meatballs.

Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment