Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Kartoffelbällchen mit Petersilie


KARTOFFELBÄLLCHEN MIT PETERSILIE
Parsley Potato Balls

Before we go any farther with this recipe, I have a confession to make: I didn’t follow the directions. The recipe calls for the cook to cut the potatoes into balls using a melon-baller. I didn’t do it. Using a melon-baller would have wasted a terrible amount of potato, so instead I just cut them into normal pieces.

Kartoffelbällchen mit Petersilie/Parsley Potato Balls

2 lbs potatoes
¼ C butter (or bacon fat)
2 tbsp minced parsley
½ tsp salt
Few grains paprika

Wash, pare, and cut potatoes into balls using a melon-baller. Like I said, I just cut them into normal pieces.

Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the potato balls, cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Occasionally turn and move the balls gently with a spoon to brown all sides evenly.


Toss potato balls with a mixture of the remaining ingredients and serve.


I know, I know, this is incredibly simple and most of us have already made some version of this recipe on our own. But simplicity does in no way detract from the tastiness of the dish.

Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment