Friday, November 21, 2014

Haricots Verts a la Lyonnaise


WOOO HOOO!!!
I have some very, VERY exciting news to share with everyone! But first, a recipe, so scroll to the bottom of the page for the exciting news!!!

HARICOTS VERTS A LA LYONNAISE
Lyonnaise Style Green Beans

I have always loved green beans – they’re one of my favorite simple vegetables. But this recipe offers a nice way to fancy them up, and they paired well with the Duck Normandy.

Haricots Verts a la Lyonnaise/Lyonnaise Style Green Beans

1 lb green beans
½ C boiling water
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp butter
1 C thinly sliced onions
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp minced parsley

Clean green beans and place in a saucepan with water and salt. Cook 15 minutes or until tender. Melt butter in a skillet and cook onions until transparent. Drain green beans and add to skillet with spices. Add remaining ingredients, toss well and serve.


My husband thought this recipe had a tad too much lemon juice in it, but I really liked it. It was a nice departure from my normal fall-back of just heating up frozen green beans. Like I said, a nice, very fancy French meal that I will not soon forget.


And now for the EXCITING NEWS!!! Yesterday, Essen Girl reached 500+ views!!! I am so excited that we have achieved this in such a short amount of time! Thank you to all of my supporters, readers, and eaters!!!

To celebrate, I have a HUGE surprise for all of you! The first person to post a picture of the food you cooked from one of these recipes will be a GUEST HOST on Essen Girl! So get cooking, and keep looking! Remember, the FIRST PICTURE posted will receive the huge honor of guest hosting on Essen Girl!!!

Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment