Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pasta


The soup that I’m making is a three-parter; here is step 2! After making the Chicken Broth, the next step is to prepare the pasta dough for the little hats. This is a pretty standard, basic pasta recipe, but this was my very first time making fresh Italian-style pasta!

For the Little Hat Soup, I only needed to make a ½ recipe of this dough, but I have included the full recipe below.

Pasta/Basic Noodle Dough

4 C flour
½ tsp salt
4 eggs
6 tbsp cold water

Sift flour and salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add eggs, mixing slightly after each addition. Gradually add water until mixture forms a stiff dough. No kidding – it was really stiff! I was worried that I hadn’t added enough water, it was so tough and difficult to roll out, but I guess this is how it’s supposed to be. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead.


After that point, treat the dough as needed for each recipe. Remember, the third step in Little Hat Soup will appear on Friday!

Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment