Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Cocoa Almond Frosting


COCOA ALMOND FROSTING

When I decided to make the Chocolate Marble Cake, I needed to have something with which to frost it. Turning to the back of the cake book, I discovered several chocolate frosting recipes, but this one caught my eye.

Cocoa Almond Frosting

6 tbsp butter
3 ½ C confectioner’s sugar
½ C cocoa
1/3 C cream
½ tsp almond extract


Cream butter. Sift sugar and cocoa together. Alternate adding sugar mixture and cream to butter. Beat until fluffy and thick enough to spread. Add flavoring.


Simple, right? While this frosting was a little thick, and therefore difficult to spread, it was still very tasty. I would recommend changing the amount of cream to ½ C to make the frosting more spreadable, and I added 1 tsp of extract instead of ½ because I like the almond flavor.


Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment