Monday, October 6, 2014

Deep-Fried Potatoes


DEEP-FRIED POTATOES

I made this recipe from The Italian Cookbook as the accompaniment to the Chicken Vesuvio, but these were tasty all on their own (my husband couldn’t keep his fingers off while I was frying!).

Deep-Fried Potatoes

2lbs Potatoes
Fry Oil (I like to use peanut oil for savory frying, but you can use any frying oil)


Wash and clean potatoes. Trim off sides and ends to form large blocks. Cut lengthwise into pieces 3/8 in wide. Pat dry. Fry about 1 C at a time in hot fat (remember, 350oF or 185oC) until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Drain and sprinkle with salt


Like I said, super simple and tasty (they’re really just French fries, I guess).

Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment