Friday, October 31, 2014

Macaroon Polka Dots


MACAROON POLKA DOTS

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! This is my favorite holiday -- I hope you're doing something fun today! If you need a last-minute party treat, this recipe will definitely be a crowd-pleaser!

I absolutely love coconut (even though my husband hates it), so when I wanted dessert, I turned to the 15th Annual Bake-Off cookbook for macaroons!

Macaroon Polka Dots

1/3 C butter
½ C well-packed brown sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 C flour
1 tbsp sugar
¾ C sweetened condensed milk
½ C chocolate chips
2 C grated coconut

Cream butter and brown sugar. Add 2 egg yolks, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Blend in flour. Spread in a greased 11x7 or 9x9 pan. Bake at 325oF for 15 minutes.


Beat 2 egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in milk, chocolate chips, and coconut. Spread over base in pan. Bake at 325oF for 25 to 30 minutes until light browning occurs. Cool and cut into bars.


I know macaroons may not seem like anything special, but these were so tasty! I loved them, and several of my husband’s coworkers (and his boss) loved them! I will definitely make these again!


Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment