Friday, October 17, 2014

Fiskekroketer


FISKEKROKETER
Fish Balls

Okay, get it all out of your system... Feel better? Okay, good. As I said before, I am always a little nervous when I crack open The Scandinavian Cookbook because I’m wary of weird ways of cooking fish. However, these fish balls are more or less like crab cakes, so no big deal.

Fiskekroketer/Fish Balls

Fry Oil
2 tbsp butter
¼ C flour
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 C cream
3 C flaked cooked fish
1 egg yolk, beaten
2 eggs, beaten
1 C dry breadcrumbs
Lemon pepper
Old Bay seasoning


Melt butter over low heat in a saucepan. Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Heat until mixture bubbles. Gradually add cream. Cook rapidly, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Blend in fish and egg yolk.


Shape mixture into balls. Dip balls in eggs and roll in breadcrumbs. I mixed some lemon pepper and Old Bay seasoning into the breadcrumbs to give the fish some spice. Deep fry the fish balls in fry oil (350oF or 185oC) until golden brown. Drain, salt, and serve.


I paired the fish balls with some fried green tomatoes and fried green beans, plus a quick sauce I made out of some butter, white wine, and seasonings. Tasty!

Have a question or a request? Put it in the comments below and I’ll be sure to respond. Fröhe essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment